A Very Sacred Time of Year
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
We are about to begin a very sacred time of our Church Year – the Sacred Ninety (90) Days. There are Forty (40) days of Lent and Fifty (50) days of Easter. We begin the Lenten Journey – I prefer to say that it is our Lenten Retreat – beginning this Wednesday (Ash Wednesday). Let us keep Lent as a sacred and grace-filled time. Perhaps we can look at L E N T as an opportunity to Listen Every New Time.
Fr. Joseph Lubrano, S.D.S
2019 St. Joseph Lenten Activities
Stations of the Cross
All Fridays during Lent
12:00 p.m. Church
Lenten Communal Anointing
Saturday & Sunday, March 9 & 10
After all Masses Church
Lenten Communal Reconciliation
Tuesday, March 26
6:00 p.m. Church
Morning of Reflection—”Go to Joseph”
Saturday, March 30
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Church
Friday, March 22 / April 5
5-7 p.m. Fr. Messmer Center
Parish Seder Meal
Sunday, April 14
5:30- 7:00 p.m. Fr. Messmer Center
St. Joseph 2019 Holy Week Schedule
Holy Thursday, April 18
- No Mass at 7:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m.
- HFS Stations of the Cross at 9:00 a.m.
- Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7:00 p.m.
- Adoration following the Mass until 11:00 p.m. in the Chapel
Good Friday, April 19
- No Mass at 7:00 a.m.
- Outdoor Stations of the Cross at
- 12:00 p.m. (HFS Soccer Field)
- Celebration of the Lord’s Passion at 7:00 p.m.
Holy Saturday, April 20
- No Mass at 8:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m.
- Blessing of Easter Foods at 9:00 a.m. in the Chapel
- Confessions at 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Easter Vigil Mass at 8:00 p.m.
Easter Sunday, April 21
- Easter Sunrise Mass at the Monte Sano Overlook at 6:00 a.m.
- Easter Sunday Masses at 8:15 & 11:15 am
- Easter Egg Hunt after the 11:15 a.m. Mass
Adult Formation Opportunities
- Wednesday Mornings 10:00–11:15a.m. (LMR)
- Parables of the Kingdom Part II
- Tom Uss – Facilitator
- Sessions begin March 13
- Wednesday Evenings 5:30–7:00 p.m. (SFH)
- The Mystery of God
- Father Joe – Facilitator
- Sessions begin February 27
- Friday Mornings 10:00–11:00 a.m. (LMR)
- The Seven Last Words
- Sister Veronica - Facilitator
- Sessions begin March 1
- Repeated on Sundays 9:30–11:00 a.m. (SFH/LCLRM)