St. Joseph School Becomes Holy Family School

In 1956, St. Joseph Catholic School was fouounded by the Salvatorian Fathers, Brothers, and Sisters. St. Joseph School started out with the southernmost wing and continually grew for the next 10 years. The school as you see it today, is mostly the same as it was in 1966. During the 1980's, the schools at St. Mary Queenn of the Universe and St. Mary  of the Visitation closed. At that point, St. Joseph School became a "regional" school serving all three parishes. At this point, the name was changed to Holy Family School. The history of the school can be found on the school's website Holy Family School.

New Holy Family School

Construction of Phase 1 of the new Holy Family School began in August 2023. Phase 1 consists of 10 classrooms (4K-8th), two teachwer workrooms, two sets of Boys and Girls Restroooms, a Clinic, 4 Intervention rooms, two storage rooms, two electrical rooms, a communication room, and a fire system / mechanical room. The westernmost two classrooms were built as a storm shelter and is built to withstand a EF-5 tornado. Completion of Phase one is scheduled for November 2024 and will be used starting in January 2025.

This is only Phase 1. Current plans are to use the old school building for administration and cafeteria / kitchen services until May 2025. Beginning in June, plans are to disconnect utilities and demolish this building to make was for the next phase(s). These phases will include administration offices, library, STREAM Labs, Art and Music Rooms and a new Cafetorium and Kitchen.